March 23, 2010

Worth a thousand words, ... maybe two


I'm a "word guy," a writer by training and preference, but I do know a good visual when I see one -- and it's an added bonus when some words come along with it in the bargain.  So my daily offering includes a couple of things that caught my eye on the morning rounds.

 This story caught my eye, so to speak, and reminded me of what I used to do for the Globe's living section.  I like the fact that the LAT's take came from their features/culture section.  Shows they're paying attention, moreso than most of us.

Meanwhile, The Rachel Maddow Show puts the health care fight -- and the racially tinged, homophobic outbursts from last weekend's Tea Party protestors towards members of Congress -- into perspective. Bold and subtle, at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...